- 1 banana
- 1/2 large apple (Figi or similar)
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 cup frozen mixed merries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger (or 1/2 inch fresh ginger)
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 2 tbsps soaked chia seeds
Add all items to a blender and pulse a few times to start, then blend until smooth.
Spoon into a bowl and add toppings.
- rolled oats
- hemp hearts
- buckwheat groats (untoasted)
- pitted prunes, chopped
- brazil nut
This cheap blender from Oster works great: http://amzn.to/2oqDrrw. My parents have had a similar one for 40+ years that still works.
Trader Joe’s has “pesticide-free” frozen spinach (basically organic but without the expensive certification) for a great price.