- 8 small russet potatoes (or 4 large ones)
- 2 leeks, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon (or 2 bouillon cubes)
- salt and pepper to taste
Add chopped leeks and 1/4 cup water to a large pot on medium high heat. Allow to soften, approx. 6 minutes.
While leeks are simmering, wash and chop potatoes into large chunks — quarters for small potatoes or eighths for large potatoes.
When leeks are soft, add potato chunks to the pot and cover with water.
Bring the water to a boil, add Better Than Bouillon (or bouillon cubes) and turn down heat, allowing potatoes to simmer until soft (approx. 15 mins.)
When the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, turn off the heat and blend the soup using an immersion blender (or carefully transfer the liquid and chunks to a blender).
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with garnish.
- hemp cream sauce (recipe below)
- hot sauce
- coconut aminos
Hemp Cream Sauce:
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon agave or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- Bonus: add 1/2 teaspoon mustard and 1-2 teaspoons nutritional yeast to make this into vegan ranch dressing
Combine all components in a blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
Use a spoon to gently drizzle the hemp seed cream on top of your soup. Then dash on the coconut aminos and hot sauce.
Coconut aminos – http://amzn.to/2CIPg0n
Low Sodium Better than Bouillon – http://amzn.to/2F2eVGF
Affordable immersion blender – http://amzn.to/2GLrl2N
Simple and affordable regular blender – http://amzn.to/2oqDrrw
Best nutritional yeast – http://amzn.to/2ERvg1t